THE CONTROVERSIAL LOVE TEAM OF VILMA SANTOS & ROMEO VASQUEZ (Circa 1976-83)
Sometime in the mid 70s, matinee idol Romeo Vasquez returned to the movie scene after a long absence, his movie career in limbo after his failed marriage with popular actress Amalia Fuentes. His teamup with Vilma Santos somehow rekindled and revived his career. Their first movie together, Nag-aapoy na Damdamin in 1976 turned out to be a big hit. Despite their age gap, reel and real life sweetheart, Romeo, 34 and Vilma, 23, soon became the hottest love team, doing one hit movies after another. They became the talk of the town when the so-called "betamax" sex scandal surfaced. However, there's no truth to the rumor. I remember Ms. Marichu Maceda offering a P1 million reward to someone who could produce the said video clip.
The two appeared together in nine movies ---
1. Nagaapoy na Damdamin (HPS/ Dec.3, 1976)
2. Pulot-Gata (Puwede Kaya?) (HPS/ July1, 1977)
3. Dalawang Pugad Isang Ibon (LEA/ Oct.7, 1977)
4. Pinagbuklod ng Pag-ibig (TIIP/ Jan.19, 1978)
5. Bakit Kailangan Kita (LEA/ Feb.3, 1978)
6. Pag-ibig Ko Sa Iyo Lang Ibibigay (HPS/ Dec. 1, 1978)
7. Swing it Baby (LEA/ Mar.9, 1979)
8. Gusto Kita Mahal Ko Siya (TIIP/ Oct.3, 1980)
9. Ayaw Kong Maging Querida (TIIP/ Feb.18, 1983)
Register to update information, save favorites, post photos, news stories and comments. A LucyMe.com login allows you to edit our four websites.
Already A Member?